Erick

Set your intention. Say out loud three times, “I pay attention to myself,” “I really want to know myself,” “I want to know what I am feeling.”

1. Slow. Slow down and begin by being present with your body. Be aware of your posture and position. Allow your mental attention to encompass your body, tracing its surface. See if you can focus all of your senses on your body. Notice your breath and beating heart.

2. Express. Allow the feeling or feelings to move. Let the body move with them. Give the feelings words. What are they saying? What are they doing?

3. Envision. Visualize what you are feeling. Envision the form and texture and color. Envision the movement of the feeling.

4. Record. With colored pencils, crayons, or paint, draw it out. Make it visible. Notice what other thoughts, insights and realizations emerge as you draw your feelings. Write them down.

The visualization of our feelings is a window’s view of the truth. A view of our interdependence. A view to what we are really doing and being. Visualizing feelings gives us a window’s view of our abuse, our sacrifice, of our selfish and our selfless. When we learn to allow and observe them, our feelings always tell us what is really happening. Our feelings can even tell us who we really are, and that is everything.

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart.”  -Helen Keller

Quote 1 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.