Erick

Her Name

boundary setting.jpg

Iphelia’s name is derived from the name Ophelia. Ophelia means, to know, and to be like a serpent. It is the name of a character from William Shakespeare's play Hamlet. Shakespeare’s Ophelia was sensitive and emotionally repressed. She felt torn between the will of her father and brother and her potential husband, Hamlet. She wasn’t able to know for herself what to do and she wasn’t able to set boundaries with those who were invading her. Like Ophelia, Iphelia is sensitive and through the course of her story struggles with boundaries. Iphelia learns early on to value and celebrate her sensitivity and later learns to set healthy boundaries with the pushy people in her life.

Iphelia’s story is not a tragedy.

It is a victory.

Iphelia is pronounced I-feel-ya. “I-feel-ya” is a statement. It means to empathize, to know the experience of another. When we speak and feel this statement there is the experience of energy extending from our heart to and around another. In this way her name is a kind of affirmation. Speaking the name inherently sets an intention. It says, “I now allot a portion of my awareness for you. I am aware of your experience.”

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart.”  -Helen Keller

Quote 0 0
Shell_Tastic
This is my favorite visual piece so far. I love the clean, vibrant energy radiating from Iphelia and the boy on the swing while the other girls' energies are represented as diluted, fragmented, and repressed, even serpent like. To me, this visual represents setting healthy boundaries while keeping your heart open. I just love it! 
Quote 1 0
Erick
"In many traditions throughout history, the open-palmed hand has been the symbol of protection, healing and blessing. It also means stop."

“The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart.”  -Helen Keller

Quote 0 0

Add a Website Forum to your website.